How do I configure/where's the documentation for some FAUCET feature?
Where do I look for controller status?
What does unknown DPID in the FAUCET log mean?
FAUCET reports errors parsing my config file.
- FAUCET uses YAML, which is sensitive to tabs versus spaces and correct indentation. Use spaces exclusively. Use the same configuration format as what the tests use (see above documentation FAQ).
- Use quotes around strings (Eg, MAC addresses in ACLs) to stop the YAML parser from misinterpreting them as numbers.
How I know the OpenFlow connection is up?
- Check the FAUCET log (see above),
- Check that the switch is configured to connect to port FAUCET is listening on.
- Use standard networking troubleshooting to ensure that the switch can make a successful TCP connection to the controller (Eg, use wireshark to verify a TCP connection is attempted and completed and that OpenFlow messages are being exchanged without errors).
- Check that FAUCET has provisioned flows on the switch - check that there flows installed in tables 0-4. If there are no flows or no flows other than in table 0, then your connection is not up (see above).